I remember a time in my life where I would tell people I must be the most loved woman on the planet because all I got night and day from the Lord was discipline. The truth was I was pretty rebellious when I came to the Lord, and it took me a while to learn how to trust God the Father that he had my best intentions in mind when he brought something to my attention he wanted to work on. This is why doing identity work is imperative if you want to break out of poverty mentalities and fulfill your purpose.
As I began to learn how to be an overcomer, more ministry opportunities opened up, and I started to have an impact in the kingdom through my prayers and actions. As this happened, I began to get TREMENDOUS spiritual warfare. If you don’t know how to recognize the difference, you will feel held back and unclear in your identity.
1. You are making a stand for righteousness in your family, work or community where you have to put healthy boundaries into place where there have been none.
2. You are being persecuted because you have preached Christ rather than self-help, new age doctrines or idolatry. You are actively praying and speaking to people about receiving Christ and getting tension for it.
3. You are declaring Christ in regions of the world that are closed to the gospel.
4. You are in the process of getting delivered from worldly lust like addictions, mammon or witchcraft. (yes, witchcraft, satanic cults and all those things we don’t like to talk about are real and produce spiritual warfare when you come out of it) Breaking out of curses, rebellion can also cause spiritual warfare.
The discipline of the Lord comes when he has given you an instruction, and you are not yielding to the Holy Spirit. Often God is attempting to form a testimony in your life and create a healthy fear and respect for you so that he can BLESS and answer your prayers to send you with POWER. His discipline gets harder and harder when you don’t listen to the Holy Spirit convicting you first and then the people he put in your life to guard you. Here are a couple of ways I have experienced the discipline of the Lord and got my chain yanked.
1. The Lord point blank told me to stop watching horror movies, and it took a very scary spiritual situation to open my eyes. Never watched another horror movie after the Holy Spirit disciplined me.
2. The Lord told me through a close friend that I was seeking affirmation (in idolatry) from leaders, and I didn’t listen because I was so wrapped up in people pleasing. I experienced a very embarrassing public situation.
3. The Lord asked me to stop arguing with people and just pray. It was more important to me to right than be in the relationship. The Lord let me experience many broken friendships, and anxiety until I realized I didn’t have to defend myself he would.
4. God told me to block time to step out of ministry and into prayer and life coaching. I kept hesitating, and I got convicted and anxious. I was scared of FAILURE, but when I finally repented for not trusting God and obeyed, I began to have peace and prosper.
Faith forward! Love, Bec:)